(Adds futures prices)
LONDON, Aug 11 (Reuters) - European equity futures fell on Tuesday, tracking a pullback in Asian stock markets after China devalued the yuan following a run of poor economic data.
China's devaluation of the yuan put pressure on oil and metal prices, which in turn could impact European oil and mining stocks.
European technology stocks could also come into focus after shares of Google GOOGL.O rose in after-market trading in New York.
Google shares climbed 4.8 percent after the bell, after it announced it is changing its operating structure by setting up a new company called Alphabet Inc, which will include the search business and a number of other units.
The Greek stock market could also get a boost after Greece and international creditors agreed on a new multi billion euro bailout deal on Tuesday, a finance ministry official said.
ADECCO ADEN.VX :
Adecco boosted second-quarter net profit 22 percent to 177 million euros ($194.4 million), the world's biggest staffing group said on Tuesday, slightly lagging market expectations.
DAIMLER DAIGn.DE :
A strike on Monday paralyzed work at a General Motors (NYSE: GM ) GM.N plant in Brazil and the union at a nearby Daimler DAIGn.DE truck factory threatened to strike over job cuts as labor tensions boiled over in a slumping market.
DEUTSCHE BANK DBKGn.DE :
A U.S. appeals court on Monday said the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation could sue lenders including Deutsche Bank for making false statements in selling $840 million in mortgage bonds to a failed Texas bank.
IMTECH IMUN.AS :
Royal Imtech , the troubled Dutch engineering services company, has filed for and been granted protection from creditors by a Dutch court, it said on Tuesday.
MICHELIN MICP.PA :
The French tyremaker's U.S brand BFGoodrich said it was recalling approximately 129,000 tyres sold in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, mainly for use on commercial vehicles.
SANOFI SASY.PA :
CVS Health Corp (NYSE: CVS ), the No 2 manager of drug benefit plans for U.S. employers and insurers, will wait until a second new cholesterol-lowering drug is approved by regulators before negotiating for price discounts or adding either of the much pricer new drugs to its list of covered medications.
THALES TCFP.PA :
The defence group said it had won a contract from the U.S. Air Force to provide Deployable Instrument Landing Systems - mobile equipment that helps aircraft to land in low visibility.
TF1 TFFP.PA :
The television broadcaster suffered a 3.2 percent drop in viewers in July compared with a year earlier and a 0.9 percent fall versus June. Year ago figures were boosted by World Cup football audiences.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.