(Adds Turkey, Valeant,IAG and Hopewell; Updates Rosneft)
Dec 29 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Friday:
** Russia's top oil producer Rosneft ROSN.MM said it had asked the country's competition watchdog for permission to bid for gas fields put up for sale by diamond miner Alrosa ALRS.MM , a day after saying it was unlikely to take part in the auction. Turkey and Russia signed an accord for Moscow to supply Ankara with S-400 surface-to-air missile batteries, Turkish authorities said, finalising a deal set to deepen military ties between NATO member Turkey and the Kremlin. Activist investor William Ackman's Pershing Square (NYSE: SQ ) PHS.AS and Valeant Pharmaceuticals VRX.TO decided to pay $290 million to settle a lawsuit that accused them of insider trading before bidding for Allergan Plc AGN.N in 2014. British Airways' owner IAG ICAG.L said it would buy Niki, Air Berlin's AB1.DE insolvent Austrian holiday airline, for 20 million euros ($24.01 million) and provide additional liquidity to the company of up to 16.5 million euros. An infrastructure unit of Hong Kong's family-run Hopewell Holdings Ltd 0054.HK is to sell its majority stake to the Shenzhen municipal government's flagship investment firm for HK$9.87 billion ($1.26 billion), the company said. Swiss-based trading and mining giant Glencore Plc GLEN.L has partly completed the sale of a 51 percent stake in its storage and logistics businesses to a unit of China's HNA Group, although transfer of some assets is pending U.S. clearance. Britain's Balfour Beatty BALF.L said it has agreed to sell a further 7.5 percent stake in Connect Plus, the operator of London's M25 orbital motorway for 62 million pounds ($83.5 million) in cash, a week after it announced the sale of a 12.5 percent stake. Debt-laden Reliance Communications RLCM.NS has signed a deal to sell its wireless assets to Reliance Jio Infocomm RELIB.UL for a total value of nearly 240 billion rupees ($3.75 billion), two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. Australian casino operator Crown Resorts CWN.AX said it has agreed to sell its 62 percent stake in online betting firm CrownBet to a consortium including the unit's chief executive for A$150 million ($117 million). Specialty chemicals and pharmaceuticals manufacturer Aarti Industries Ltd ARTI.NS signed a supply contract with a U.S. affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) 2010.SE worth 100 billion rupees ($1.56 billion).
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.