Sept 8 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1100 GMT on Friday:
** Monsanto (NYSE: MON ) Co MON.N will sell its small branded cotton seed business to local firm Tierra Agrotech Private Ltd, but remains fully committed to India's agriculture sector, a Monsanto India (NS: MNSN ) spokesman said. A group including Western Digital WDC.O is seeking around 50 billion yen ($464 million) from Apple Inc AAPL.O to help finance a bid for Toshiba Corp's 6502.T memory chip unit, Kyodo news agency reported. Canadian retailer Hudson's Bay HBC.TO signalled it had no intention of selling German department store chain Kaufhof, after people familiar with the matter said Austrian real estate company Signa Holding was considering a bid. Turkey's Celebi Aviation Holding has shown interest in buying state-owned Air India's ground handling operations, India's aviation secretary Rajiv Nayan Choubey said. Australian packaging company Amcor Ltd AMC.AX is considering a takeover of rival Bemis Co BMS.N , Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. A private equity firm backed by French luxury goods giant LVMH LVMH.PA has invested in South Korean startup sunglass maker Gentle Monster on Thursday, banking on the Korean pop culture boom to fuel sales of the country's luxury brands. Trinity Mirror TNI.L , the publisher of the Daily Mirror, said it was in talks to buy Richard Desmond's Northern & Shell (LON: RDSa ) titles, including the Daily Express and the Star tabloid.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.