Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
(Adds Stanbic, REPAY, KKR, Richemont )
June 1 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday: ** The European Commission said it had cleared ABB's ABBN.S acquisition of General Electric (NYSE: GE )'s GE.N Industrial Solutions business, saying it would not raise competition concerns. China's markets regulator said it is still reviewing Qualcomm Inc 's QCOM.O proposed $44 billion acquisition of NXP Semiconductors NV NXPI.O and is in talks with Qualcomm about ways to eliminate negative impact from the deal. India's Fortis Healthcare FOHE.NS said its board would look at a new round of bids from four local and international parties, after shareholders opposed a previous board decision last month to accept an offer from a consortium. Japan's Toshiba Corp 6502.T said it had completed the $18 billion sale of its chip unit to a consortium led by U.S. private equity firm Bain Capital. Bank of Nova Scotia BNS.TO said it would buy MD Financial Management, a financial services company for Canadian doctors, in a C$2.59 billion ($2.00 billion) all-cash deal. China's Pengxin International Mining Co Ltd 600490.SS is in advanced talks to buy Indonesian gold and silver mine Martabe from a consortium led by EMR Capital, for about $1.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources. China's markets regulator said it is still reviewing Qualcomm Inc's QCOM.O proposed $44 billion acquisition of NXP Semiconductors NV NXPI.O and is in talks with Qualcomm about ways to eliminate negative impact from the deal. Metair MTAJ.J has offered to buy Slovenian car battery maker Tovarna Akumulatorskih Baterij (TAB) in a $350 million deal that would expand the South African auto parts maker's energy storage business. Some 1.14 billion shares of Stanbic IBTC Holding IBTC.LG were sold at 53.75 naira each, the stock exchange said on Friday in a block deal valued at about $195 million. Realtime Electronic Payments (REPAY) is exploring a sale that could value the private equity-owned provider of payment services to the consumer finance industry at up to $900 million, including debt, people familiar with the matter said. Private equity firm KKR & Co LP KKR.N wants to buy divisions from Japanese companies seeking to streamline their businesses in the world's third-largest economy, co-Chief Executive Henry Kravis said on Friday. Swiss luxury goods group Richemont SA CFR.S said on Friday it is to buy Watchfinder.co.uk Limited, in another sign that luxury watchmakers are trying to tap into a fast-growing market for pre-owned timepieces.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or