(Adds Petrofac (LON: PFC ), Louis Dreyfus Co, IWG, EDP)
May 11 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
** Silver Lake is buying Zoopla and PrimeLocation owner ZPG ZPG.L for 2.2 billion pounds ($3 billion), landing the Daily Mail publishing group a 642 million pound windfall for cashing out of online property portals. India's Fortis Healthcare Ltd FOHE.NS aims to accept an offer of investment from the underdog of a five-way bidding war, in a decision that drew investor ire. Swiss adhesives maker Sika SIK.S has repelled a hostile takeover bid from Saint-Gobain SGOB.PA in a $3.2 billion deal that gives the French company a minority stake but may make Sika a more attractive target for others. Louis Dreyfus Co AKIRAU.UL said it had completed the sale of its metals business to a Chinese investment fund for $466 million, as part of a push to revive profits by focusing on its core agricultural markets. Lotte Shopping Co Ltd 023530.KS said that its unit sold one of its retail store operators to China's Liqun Commercial Group 601366.SS for 291 billion won ($272.5 million). Abu Dhabi state investor Mubadala MUDEV.UL is struggling to sell its Swiss private bank, five sources told Reuters, as potential buyers are unwilling to pay up for a firm which is being investigated over alleged financial misconduct. Oilfield services provider Petrofac Ltd has hired investment banks Barclays (LON: BARC ) and HSBC to help with the sale of its oil fields in Mexico, as it prepares to scale back its oil and gas production operations, several banking sources said. British serviced office provider IWG IWG.L has attracted takeover approaches from three rival suitors, potentially plunging the $3.1 billion company into a bidding war. A London High Court trial over the legality of Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich's sale of a stake in Norilsk Nickel GMKN.MM will start on Monday, part of a long-running battle for control of the miner. Trading in the shares of utility company EDP-Energias de Portugal EDP.LS was suspended on Friday, as media reported that a Chinese group was set to make a takeover bid for the firm.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.