Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Gas, Water & Multiutilities , Telecoms and Mobile sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Life Insurance and Software & Computer Services sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Shenzhen Geoway Co Ltd (SS: 600462 ), which rose 10.11% or 0.280 points to trade at 3.050 at the close. Hengtong Logistics Co Ltd (SS: 603223 ) added 10.03% or 1.20 points to end at 13.17 and DELIXI XINJIANG Transportation Co Ltd (SS: 603032 ) was up 10.01% or 2.43 points to 26.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sinomach Automobile Co Ltd (SS: 600335 ), which lost 10.01% or 0.940 points to trade at 8.450 in late trade. Shanghai Lingang Holdings Co Ltd A (SS: 600848 ) declined 10.01% or 2.170 points to end at 19.500 and Shanghai Lingang Holdings Co Ltd B (SS: 900928 ) shed 10.01% or 0.153 points to 1.375.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Beihai Yinhe Industry Investment Co Ltd (SZ: 000806 ) which rose 10.03% to 4.17, CNNC Hua Yuan Titanium Dioxide Co Ltd (SZ: 002145 ) which was up 8.10% to settle at 3.87 and Palm Landscape Architecture Co Ltd (SZ: 002431 ) which gained 6.67% to close at 4.96.
The worst performers were Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co Ltd (SZ: 002460 ) which was down 10.00% to 28.89 in late trade, Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co Ltd Class A (SZ: 002202 ) which lost 9.91% to settle at 9.91 and Sichuan Tianqi Lithium Industries Inc (SZ: 002466 ) which was down 7.59% to 33.36 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 802 to 542 and 115 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 25.47.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1191.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.40% or 0.30 to hit $74.66 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.33% or 0.28 to trade at $84.72 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.06% to 6.9189, while EUR/CNY fell 0.13% to 7.9462.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 95.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.