Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Life Insurance , Retailers and Oil Equipment Services & Distribution sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Software & Computer Services , Technology and Banking sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Shanghai Laiyifen Co Ltd (SS: 603777 ), which rose 10.01% or 3.220 points to trade at 35.380 at the close. Eurocrane China Co Ltd (SS: 603966 ) added 9.99% or 2.02 points to end at 22.24 and Shanghai Shibei Hi-Tech Co Ltd A (SS: 600604 ) was up 9.97% or 0.86 points to 9.49 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hua Xin Cement (SS: 900933 ), which lost 9.83% or 0.125 points to trade at 1.147 in late trade. Western Region Gold Co Ltd (SS: 601069 ) declined 7.84% or 1.59 points to end at 18.68 and Xinhuanet Co Ltd (SS: 603888 ) shed 7.05% or 2.520 points to 33.200.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Shenzhen Worldunion Properties Consultancy Inc (SZ: 002285 ) which rose 10.02% to 11.97, Swan Fiber Co Ltd (SZ: 000687 ) which was up 10.02% to settle at 15.70 and China Dalian International Cooperation Group Holdings Ltd (SZ: 000881 ) which gained 10.01% to close at 18.03.
The worst performers were Csg Smart Science&Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300222 ) which was down 7.76% to 25.79 in late trade, Iflytek Co Ltd (SZ: 002230 ) which lost 5.47% to settle at 50.32 and Zhuhai Orbita Control Eng (SZ: 300053 ) which was down 5.47% to 14.86 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 625 to 618 and 77 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 0.92% to 17.62.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.78% or 10.15 to $1292.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $51.88 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.08 to trade at $57.90 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.32% to 6.6107, while EUR/CNY rose 0.06% to 7.7779.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 93.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.