Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Travel & Leisure , Life Insurance and Retailers sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Software & Computer Services and Technology sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Whirlpool China Co Ltd (SS: 600983 ), which rose 10.07% or 0.540 points to trade at 5.900 at the close. Shanghai Kaichuang Marine International Co Ltd (SS: 600097 ) added 10.01% or 1.270 points to end at 13.960 and Tibet Rhodiola Pharmaceutical Holding Co (SS: 600211 ) was up 10.00% or 3.870 points to 42.560 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Huayi Electric Co Ltd (SS: 600290 ), which lost 10.02% or 1.170 points to trade at 10.510 in late trade. Xishui Strong Year Co Ltd Inner Mongolia (SS: 600291 ) declined 10.02% or 1.860 points to end at 16.700 and TongLing Zonfa Trinity Technology Co Ltd (SS: 600520 ) shed 10.02% or 2.04 points to 18.32.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Oriental Energy Co Ltd (SZ: 002221 ) which rose 10.03% to 10.97, JPMF Guangdong Co Ltd (SZ: 002600 ) which was up 9.95% to settle at 6.63 and Beijing Shunxin Agriculture Co Ltd (SZ: 000860 ) which gained 7.94% to close at 26.93.
The worst performers were Dalian Zeus Entertainment (SZ: 002354 ) which was down 10.01% to 13.04 in late trade, Shan Dong Dong-E E-Jiao Co Ltd (SZ: 000423 ) which lost 10.00% to settle at 53.02 and Chengdu CORPRO Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300101 ) which was down 9.67% to 16.53 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 727 to 595 and 38 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 0.09% to 22.08.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.36% or 4.70 to $1311.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.73% or 0.49 to hit $67.74 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.56% or 0.41 to trade at $73.54 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.43% to 6.3603, while EUR/CNY rose 0.54% to 7.6502.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 92.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.