China shares higher at close of trade; Shanghai Composite up 0.30%
Investing.com – China equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Technology Hardware & Equipment , Retailers and Technology sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite added 0.30% to hit a new 52-week high, while the SZSE Component index gained 0.86%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Zhejiang Feida Environmental Science & Technology Co Ltd (SS: 600526 ), which rose 10.04% or 1.130 points to trade at 12.390 at the close. Hangzhou XZB Tech Co Ltd (SS: 603040 ) added 10.00% or 7.80 points to end at 85.77 and Orient International Enterprise Ltd (SS: 600278 ) was up 9.97% or 1.380 points to 15.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included CTS International Logistics Corp Ltd (SS: 603128 ), which lost 5.63% or 0.700 points to trade at 11.730 in late trade. Hubei Wuchangyu Co Ltd (SS: 600275 ) declined 4.80% or 0.350 points to end at 6.940 and Y.U.D. Yangtze River Investment Industry Co Ltd (SS: 600119 ) shed 2.91% or 0.530 points to 17.660.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Wuxi Little Swan Co Ltd (SZ: 000418 ) which rose 10.00% to 53.89, BOE Technology Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000725 ) which was up 9.58% to settle at 5.720 and Jiangsu Aucksun Co Ltd (SZ: 002245 ) which gained 7.36% to close at 9.63.
The worst performers were Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co Ltd (SZ: 002460 ) which was down 4.54% to 87.90 in late trade, Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 002709 ) which lost 3.45% to settle at 47.36 and Glodon Software Co Ltd (SZ: 002410 ) which was down 3.41% to 20.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 957 to 285 and 95 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 0.32% to 18.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.31% or 3.96 to $1274.34 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.25% or 0.13 to hit $52.34 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.08 to trade at $58.41 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.10% to 6.6424, while EUR/CNY rose 0.07% to 7.8096.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 93.86.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or