The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Suzhou Douson Drilling & Production Equipment Co Ltd (SS: 603800 ), which rose 10.02% or 1.820 points to trade at 19.990 at the close. Chahua Modern Housewares Co Ltd (SS: 603615 ) added 10.01% or 1.32 points to end at 14.51 and GuangDong Super Telecom Co Ltd (SS: 603322 ) was up 10.00% or 3.210 points to 35.320 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Qian Jiang Water Resources Development Co Ltd (SS: 600283 ), which lost 5.63% or 0.770 points to trade at 12.900 in late trade. Future Land Holdings Co Ltd (SS: 601155 ) declined 4.78% or 1.530 points to end at 30.470 and Poly Real Estate Group Co Ltd (SS: 600048 ) shed 3.93% or 0.540 points to 13.210.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Harbin Gloria Pharmaceuticals (SZ: 002437 ) which rose 10.02% to 6.26, Shaanxi J&R Fire Protection Co Ltd (SZ: 300116 ) which was up 7.49% to settle at 4.02 and Fujian Sunner Development Co Ltd (SZ: 002299 ) which gained 6.70% to close at 16.56.
The worst performers were Focused Photonics Hangzhou Inc (SZ: 300203 ) which was down 4.44% to 26.26 in late trade, Goldleaf Jewelry Co Ltd (SZ: 000587 ) which lost 3.57% to settle at 7.02 and Shenzhen Shenxin Taifeng Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000034 ) which was down 3.48% to 22.22 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 714 to 583 and 83 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 20.68.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.05% or 0.70 to $1290.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.51% or 0.37 to hit $72.72 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.72% or 0.57 to trade at $79.79 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.11% to 6.3754, while EUR/CNY fell 0.14% to 7.5156.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 93.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.