July 30 (Reuters) - Nutrien Ltd NTR.TO :
* Q2 ADJUSTED EARNINGS PER SHARE $1.58
* Q2 EARNINGS PER SHARE $1.47 FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS
* ANNOUNCED A 5 PERCENT INCREASE IN EXPECTED QUARTERLY DIVIDEND PAYOUT TO $0.45 PER SHARE
* "U.S. WEATHER IN FIRST HALF WAS SO SEVERE IT NEARLY ELIMINATED GLOBAL DEMAND GROWTH FOR CROP INPUTS"
* FULL-YEAR 2019 ADJUSTED NET EARNINGS PER SHARE GUIDANCE IS LOWERED TO $2.70 TO $3.00 PER SHARE
* "DEMAND FOR GRAINS AND OILSEEDS IS STILL GROWING, AND WITH LOWER CROP INVENTORIES AND HIGHER PRICES, WE EXPECT A STRONG REBOUND IN 2020"
* FULL-YEAR 2019 ADJUSTED EBITDA GUIDANCE IS LOWERED TO $4.35 BILLION TO $4.70 BILLION
* EXPECT TO ACHIEVE OVER $650 MILLION IN ANNUAL RUN RATE SYNERGIES BY END OF 2019
* QTRLY SALES $8.66 BILLION VERSUS $8.11 BILLION
* Q2 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $1.60, REVENUE VIEW $8.63 BILLION -- REFINITIV IBES DATA
* SEES 2019 POTASH SALES 12.6 MILLION TONNES TO 13.0 MILLION TONNES
* UNDER AGRICULTURE AND RETAIL, SEES SOUTH AMERICAN GROWERS TO RESPOND TO U.S. PRODUCTION PROBLEMS BY INCREASING SOYBEAN AND CORN ACREAGE
* SEES 2019 NITROGEN SALES 10.6 MILLION TONNES TO 11.0 MILLION TONNES
* IN Q2 OF 2019, TERMINATED $500 MILLION ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SECURITIZATION PROGRAM
* NUTRIEN - ON AGRICULTURE AND RETAIL, ASSUMING FAVORABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS, SEE STRONG FALL FERTILIZER APPLICATIONS AS GROWERS BEGIN TO PLAN FOR 2020
* NUTRIEN - GLOBAL POTASH PRICES IN H1 2019 WERE LARGELY STABLE ACROSS KEY SPOT MARKETS AS IMPORT DEMAND WAS STRONG PARTICULARLY FROM CHINA AND BRAZIL
* NUTRIEN - DUE TO WEATHER AND POLICY-RELATED ISSUES IMPACTING SECOND HALF OF 2019, LOWERING PROJECTION OF GLOBAL POTASH DELIVERIES
* "NORTH AMERICAN SPRING POTASH DEMAND WAS IMPACTED BY WEATHER RELATED DELAYS AND LOWER CROP PLANTING"
* NUTRIEN - CHINESE POTASH DEMAND COULD BE DEFERRED BY IMPORT POLICIES, POTASH DEMAND IN INDIA IS BEING NEGATIVELY AFFECTED BY A BELOW NORMAL MONSOON
* DRY PHOSPHATE PRICES CONTINUE TO BE PRESSURED BY COMBINATION OF INCREASED SUPPLY FROM SAUDI ARABIA AND MOROCCO, EXPORTS FROM CHINA
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.