Nov 3 (Reuters): - Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd GNFC.NS :
* Clarifies on news item "Dahej TDI plant shut down post gas leak"
* Says on Nov 2, there was a mechanical failure of heat exchanger at TDI-II plant of GNFC at Dahej
* Few contract workers and regular co workers got affected due to gas leak
* Says four contract workers from outside Gujarat died during treatment
* 6 additional affected workers are being administered best possible medical care
* Condition of 6 additional affected workers as per available medical report is not critical
* Says TDI plant of Dahej has been completely shut down
* Representative of dish contituted to examine reason of accident
* Third party safety audit by an internationally renowned company has been ordered
* Says there is no danger to human population in nearby villages
* Plant will be re-started only after safety audit has been completed and corrective actions taken
* Says "situation is completely under control" Source text: Further company coverage: GNFC.NS
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.