At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa declined 0.78%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Gerdau SA Pref (SA: GGBR4 ), which rose 1.96% or 0.27 points to trade at 14.03 at the close. Bradespar SA (SA: BRAP4 ) added 1.56% or 0.48 points to end at 31.17 and Hypermarcas SA (SA: HYPE3 ) was up 1.39% or 0.49 points to 35.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included EcoRodovias SA (SA: ECOR3 ), which lost 5.92% or 0.65 points to trade at 10.33 in late trade. Lojas Renner SA (SA: LREN3 ) declined 4.63% or 1.61 points to end at 33.17 and Viavarejo Unt (SA: VVAR11 ) shed 3.52% or 0.89 points to 24.36.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 312 to 127 and 33 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 2.63% to 41.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.24% or 3.10 to $1315.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.43% or 2.10 to hit $59.05 a barrel, while the March US coffee C contract fell 0.78% or 0.96 to trade at $121.92 .
USD/BRL was up 0.26% to 3.2943, while EUR/BRL rose 0.11% to 4.0294.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 90.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.