At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa declined 0.12%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Localiza Rent a Car SA (SA: RENT3 ), which rose 3.59% or 1.12 points to trade at 32.30 at the close. Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB3 ) added 2.77% or 1.23 points to end at 45.60 and Cia de Saneamento Basico do Estado (SA: SBSP3 ) was up 2.07% or 0.84 points to 41.51 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Estacio Participacoes SA (SA: ESTC3 ), which lost 5.12% or 1.55 points to trade at 28.75 in late trade. Magazine Luiza SA (SA: MGLU3 ) declined 4.13% or 7.20 points to end at 167.00 and B2W Cia Digital (SA: BTOW3 ) shed 3.26% or 1.50 points to 44.50.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 227 to 193 and 36 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 3.99% to 30.06 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.24% or 3.10 to $1279.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $54.22 a barrel, while the March US coffee C contract rose 2.98% or 3.05 to trade at $105.45 .
USD/BRL was up 0.13% to 3.7550, while EUR/BRL rose 0.11% to 4.2685.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 95.990.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.