At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 lost 0.27%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Aperam SA (AS: APAM ), which rose 1.79% or 0.73 points to trade at 41.49 at the close. Sofina (BR: SOF ) added 1.23% or 1.80 points to end at 148.00 and ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) was up 0.47% or 0.060 points to 12.704 in late trade.
Biggest losers included bpost NV (BR: BPOST ), which lost 1.58% or 0.24 points to trade at 14.93 in late trade. Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ) declined 1.28% or 1.04 points to end at 80.50 and Ageas (BR: AGES ) shed 1.00% or 0.440 points to 43.670.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 62 to 54 and 22 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.09% or 1.20 to $1303.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.34% or 0.88 to hit $64.64 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.60% or 0.45 to trade at $74.93 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.53% to 1.1775, while EUR/GBP rose 0.35% to 0.8778.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 93.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.