At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 rose 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which rose 2.02% or 1.330 points to trade at 67.120 at the close. Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ) added 1.40% or 1.34 points to end at 97.36 and Ageas (BR: AGES ) was up 1.20% or 0.445 points to 37.495 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Umicore NV (BR: UMI ), which lost 1.24% or 0.75 points to trade at 59.91 in late trade. NV Bekaert SA (BR: BEKB ) declined 0.80% or 0.36 points to end at 44.40 and Ackermans V.Haaren (BR: ACKB ) shed 0.40% or 0.60 points to 148.45.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 63 to 44 and 15 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 1.03% or 12.66 to $1210.64 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 2.42% or 1.10 to hit $44.42 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 2.47% or 1.19 to trade at $46.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.19% to 1.1401, while EUR/GBP rose 0.49% to 0.8851.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 95.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.