At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 rose 0.24%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were KBC (BR: KBC ), which rose 3.73% or 1.790 points to trade at 49.830 at the close. UCB (BR: UCB ) added 2.99% or 2.10 points to end at 72.36 and Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ) was up 2.63% or 1.020 points to 39.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ageas (BR: AGES ), which lost 1.55% or 0.550 points to trade at 34.910 in late trade. Ontex Group (BR: ONTEX ) declined 1.21% or 0.33 points to end at 26.62 and Proximus NV (BR: PROX ) shed 1.00% or 0.30 points to 30.28.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 86 to 57 and 10 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 1.08% or 13.50 to $1236.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.62% or 0.70 to hit $43.88 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.64% or 0.73 to trade at $45.26 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.55% to 1.1226, while EUR/GBP fell 0.95% to 0.7806.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.52% at 95.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.