At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 gained 0.72%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Argen-X (BR: ARGX ), which rose 5.72% or 5.30 points to trade at 98.00 at the close. Ontex Group (BR: ONTEX ) added 4.26% or 0.74 points to end at 18.10 and Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ) was up 3.86% or 3.260 points to 87.760 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ageas (BR: AGES ), which lost 1.94% or 0.760 points to trade at 38.390 in late trade. bpost NV (BR: BPOST ) declined 0.95% or 0.07 points to end at 7.86 and Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ) shed 0.43% or 0.26 points to 60.28.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 74 to 39 and 16 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.27% or 3.50 to $1289.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.50% or 1.20 to hit $49.16 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.86% or 1.06 to trade at $58.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.65% to 1.1467, while EUR/GBP rose 0.35% to 0.8979.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.48% at 95.287.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.