At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 lost 0.44%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (AX: ALL ), which rose 10.39% or 1.090 points to trade at 11.580 at the close. Fairfax Media Ltd (AX: FXJ ) added 8.72% or 0.075 points to end at 0.935 and Myer Holdings Ltd (AX: MYR ) was up 7.11% or 0.080 points to 1.205 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AMP Ltd (AX: AMP ), which lost 5.58% or 0.325 points to trade at 5.495 in late trade. Cochlear Ltd (AX: COH ) declined 5.06% or 5.870 points to end at 110.080 and Westpac Banking Corporation (AX: WBC ) shed 3.82% or 1.195 points to 30.115.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 555 to 508 and 305 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 1.57% to 17.948.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.13% or 1.65 to $1273.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.15% or 0.07 to hit $46.16 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.25% or 0.12 to trade at $47.48 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.52% to 0.7338, while AUD/JPY fell 0.06% to 79.91.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.14% at 93.93.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.