At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 lost 0.42%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Aconex Ltd (AX: ACX ), which rose 5.82% or 0.170 points to trade at 3.090 at the close. Resolute Mining Ltd (AX: RSG ) added 3.72% or 0.058 points to end at 1.603 and Sirtex Medical Ltd (AX: SRX ) was up 2.87% or 0.410 points to 14.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (AX: SXL ), which lost 4.95% or 0.073 points to trade at 1.393 in late trade. Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (AX: FMG ) declined 4.73% or 0.320 points to end at 6.440 and James Hardie Industries PLC (AX: JHX ) shed 4.36% or 0.910 points to 19.940.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 584 to 503 and 305 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 3.28% to 13.045.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.34% or 4.15 to $1215.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.64% or 0.34 to hit $53.88 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.50% or 0.28 to trade at $56.84 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.08% to 0.7651, while AUD/JPY rose 0.17% to 86.53.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 99.91.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.