At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.36%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (AX: SXL ), which rose 10.98% or 0.135 points to trade at 1.365 at the close. Retail Food Group Ltd (AX: RFG ) added 8.29% or 0.495 points to end at 6.465 and Altium Ltd (AX: ALU ) was up 7.76% or 0.640 points to 8.890 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Western Areas Ltd (AX: WSA ), which lost 12.58% or 0.390 points to trade at 2.710 in late trade. Village Roadshow Ltd (AX: VRL ) declined 9.51% or 0.500 points to end at 4.760 and Myob Group Ltd (AX: MYO ) shed 9.21% or 0.375 points to 3.695.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 683 to 433 and 308 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 1.91% to 12.622.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.03% or 0.35 to $1329.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.24% or 0.11 to hit $46.88 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.10% or 0.05 to trade at $49.10 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.24% to 0.7631, while AUD/JPY rose 0.22% to 76.65.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.05% at 94.68.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.