At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.42%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Syrah Resources Ltd (AX: SYR ), which rose 5.56% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.140 at the close. Northern Star Resources Ltd (AX: NST ) added 4.05% or 0.340 points to end at 8.740 and Ausdrill Ltd (AX: ASL ) was up 3.61% or 0.050 points to 1.435 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TPG Telecom Ltd (AX: TPM ), which lost 13.68% or 0.960 points to trade at 6.060 in late trade. Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (AX: APT ) declined 6.68% or 1.900 points to end at 26.560 and Hub24 Ltd (AX: HUB ) shed 6.66% or 0.970 points to 13.590.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 740 to 416 and 392 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 6.85% to 14.046.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.23% or 2.95 to $1288.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.78% or 0.48 to hit $61.88 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.49% or 0.34 to trade at $70.22 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.15% to 0.7022, while AUD/JPY rose 0.03% to 77.31.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 97.213.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.