At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.40% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Galaxy Resources Ltd (AX: GXY ), which rose 9.13% or 0.220 points to trade at 2.630 at the close. Pilbara Minerals Ltd (AX: PLS ) added 8.16% or 0.058 points to end at 0.762 and Sigma Pharmaceuticals Ltd (AX: SIG ) was up 6.07% or 0.033 points to 0.568 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (AX: APT ), which lost 6.06% or 0.970 points to trade at 15.030 in late trade. Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (AX: SXL ) declined 3.69% or 0.050 points to end at 1.305 and Nextdc Ltd (AX: NXT ) shed 3.69% or 0.230 points to 6.000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 705 to 494 and 363 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 4.00% to 14.070.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.13% or 1.60 to $1205.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.13% or 0.09 to hit $67.86 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $76.48 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.64% to 0.7152, while AUD/JPY fell 0.79% to 79.09.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 94.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.