At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were A2 Milk Company Ltd (AX: A2M ), which rose 6.48% or 0.610 points to trade at 10.030 at the close. Wisetech Global Ltd (AX: WTC ) added 4.66% or 0.680 points to end at 15.280 and Altium Ltd (AX: ALU ) was up 3.03% or 0.660 points to 22.420 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Pact Group Holdings Ltd (AX: PGH ), which lost 4.96% or 0.275 points to trade at 5.265 in late trade. Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (AX: SXL ) declined 4.31% or 0.055 points to end at 1.220 and Washington H Soul Pattinson&Co Ltd (AX: SOL ) shed 3.42% or 0.690 points to 19.480.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 708 to 538 and 388 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 60.29% to 11.852.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.15% or 2.00 to $1295.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.36% or 0.23 to hit $64.98 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.13% or 0.10 to trade at $75.39 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.20% to 0.7633, while AUD/JPY fell 0.14% to 83.86.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 94.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.