At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.07%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Breville Group Ltd (AX: BRG ), which rose 18.01% or 2.150 points to trade at 14.090 at the close. Cleanaway Waste Management Ltd (AX: CWY ) added 13.11% or 0.255 points to end at 2.200 and Magellan Financial Group Ltd (AX: MFG ) was up 9.90% or 2.890 points to 32.090 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Unibail Rodamco Westfield (AX: URW ), which lost 8.39% or 1.03 points to trade at 11.25 in late trade. Pact Group Holdings Ltd (AX: PGH ) declined 7.72% or 0.250 points to end at 2.990 and AMP Ltd (AX: AMP ) shed 7.38% or 0.180 points to 2.260.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 574 to 529 and 358 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 3.45% to 12.686.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.24% or 3.15 to $1311.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.74% or 0.40 to hit $54.30 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.88% or 0.56 to trade at $64.17 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.49% to 0.7123, while AUD/JPY rose 0.52% to 79.08.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 96.882.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.