At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.00%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were TPG Telecom Ltd (AX: TPM ), which rose 18.02% or 1.420 points to trade at 9.300 at the close. Sandfire Resources NL (AX: SFR ) added 8.70% or 0.620 points to end at 7.750 and Speedcast International Ltd (AX: SDA ) was up 5.92% or 0.235 points to 4.205 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ramsay Health Care Ltd (AX: RHC ), which lost 6.57% or 3.820 points to trade at 54.340 in late trade. Platinum Asset Management Ltd (AX: PTM ) declined 5.32% or 0.305 points to end at 5.425 and Atlas Arteria (AX: ALX ) shed 5.25% or 0.370 points to 6.680.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 639 to 626 and 323 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 0.50% to 10.740.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.38% or 4.60 to $1206.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.23% or 0.16 to hit $69.67 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.17% or 0.13 to trade at $77.59 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.42% to 0.7279, while AUD/JPY fell 0.47% to 81.28.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 94.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.