At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 rose 1.16%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Technology One Ltd (AX: TNE ), which rose 11.13% or 0.590 points to trade at 5.890 at the close. Orocobre Ltd (AX: ORE ) added 9.87% or 0.370 points to end at 4.120 and A2 Milk Company Ltd (AX: A2M ) was up 7.11% or 0.140 points to 2.110 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Isentia Group Ltd (AX: ISD ), which lost 3.89% or 0.100 points to trade at 2.470 in late trade. Ardent Leisure Group (AX: AAD ) declined 1.93% or 0.040 points to end at 2.030 and News Corp B (AX: NWS ) shed 1.87% or 0.310 points to 16.240.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 631 to 439 and 308 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 4.51% to 12.397 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.58% or 7.05 to $1216.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.45% or 0.70 to hit $48.94 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.41% or 0.69 to trade at $49.59 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.38% to 0.7397, while AUD/JPY rose 0.39% to 81.97.
The US Dollar Index was unchanged 0.00% at 100.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.