At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 rose 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Broadspectrum Ltd (AX: BRS ), which rose 32.37% or 0.363 points to trade at 1.482 at the close. Beach Energy Ltd (AX: BPT ) added 8.03% or 0.055 points to end at 0.740 and Blackmores Ltd (AX: BKL ) was up 5.63% or 8.580 points to 160.870 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mesoblast Ltd (AX: MSB ), which lost 6.36% or 0.150 points to trade at 2.210 in late trade. Breville Group Ltd (AX: BRG ) declined 2.61% or 0.220 points to end at 8.210 and Macquarie Group Ltd (AX: MQG ) shed 2.60% or 1.700 points to 63.600.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 589 to 456 and 315 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 0.27% to 17.941.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.83% or 10.55 to $1276.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $46.02 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to trade at $47.77 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.38% to 0.7655, while AUD/JPY fell 0.36% to 82.14.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.36% at 93.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.