Australia shares higher at close of trade; S&P/ASX 200 up 0.37%
Investing.com – Australia equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the IT , Real Estate Investment and Gold sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Infigen Energy (AX: IFN ), which rose 11.76% or 0.060 points to trade at 0.570 at the close. Worleyparsons Ltd (AX: WOR ) added 10.45% or 1.470 points to end at 15.540 and Syrah Resources Ltd (AX: SYR ) was up 8.71% or 0.155 points to 1.935 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Webjet Ltd (AX: WEB ), which lost 6.57% or 0.839 points to trade at 11.930 in late trade. Sigma Pharmaceuticals Ltd (AX: SIG ) declined 3.67% or 0.020 points to end at 0.525 and CYBG PLC (AX: CYB ) shed 2.74% or 0.130 points to 4.610.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 629 to 517 and 337 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 6.01% to 14.748.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.32% or 3.90 to $1230.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.55% or 0.34 to hit $61.87 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.18% or 0.13 to trade at $72.00 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.11% to 0.7253, while AUD/JPY fell 0.17% to 82.06.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 95.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or