At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.01% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Greencross Ltd (AX: GXL ), which rose 5.40% or 0.210 points to trade at 4.100 at the close. Rea Group Ltd (AX: REA ) added 5.71% or 4.810 points to end at 89.110 and BT Investment Management Ltd (AX: PDL ) was up 4.39% or 0.430 points to 10.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AMP Ltd (AX: AMP ), which lost 5.81% or 0.230 points to trade at 3.730 in late trade. Ioof Holdings Ltd (AX: IFL ) declined 4.89% or 0.465 points to end at 9.045 and Link Administration Holdings Ltd (AX: LNK ) shed 3.25% or 0.235 points to 7.005.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 632 to 571 and 405 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 3.50% to 10.922.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.20% or 2.70 to $1319.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.08% or 0.06 to hit $71.30 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.21% or 0.16 to trade at $77.31 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.09% to 0.7538, while AUD/JPY rose 0.15% to 82.52.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 92.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.