Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Nov 29 (IANS) Startups mentored under the Social Innovation Lab by Citi, a collaborative initiative among Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, Citi and T-Hub, presented their disruptive AgriTech, HealthTech and FinTech solutions to over 100 industry stakeholders at a startup showcase held to accelerate their social sustainable development solutions to market.
According to an official IIT-K release, more than 30 business discussions and over 20 investment discussions have been initiated as a result of the first Social Innovation Lab Startup Showcase, attended by prominent corporate and government stakeholders, angel investors, and venture capitalists.
The startups presented their indigenous disruptive technologies catering to critical contemporary challenges in agriculture, healthcare, and finance, to the attendees.
Prof. Abhay Karandikar, Director IIT Kanpur, said "Citi India, IIT Kanpur, and T-Hub selected 29 social impact startups in healthcare, agriculture, finance domains under the Social Innovation Lab by Citi. The program has supported this stellar cohort through their product development journey and accessing the market. During the program period, startups raised more than Rs 60 crore from private investors and Rs 6 crore from the government and public grants, approximately. It is indicative of the quality mentoring and support offered under the program."
"Given India's startup community's agility, market proximity, and deep understanding of the evolving digital landscape, these startups are well positioned to solve the country's challenges in finance, agriculture, and healthcare," said Ashu Khullar, CEO Citi India.
"Citi initially supported funding and mentoring of these 29 startups through Social Innovation Lab by Citi and we believe they are ready to reach a new growth stage. There is so much potential in the years to come from India's vibrant startup community and we hope to continue to contribute to the startup ecosystem's development," he added.
Srinivas Rao Mahankali (MSR), CEO, T-Hub, said, "Our partnership with Citi and IIT Kanpur will be a platform to showcase the talent and growing network of tech innovators and capital resources to collaborate for sustainable businesses. Over the years, T-Hub's robust vision has enabled multiple startups, corporates and investors to get together for mutual benefits."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.