Srikanth Venkatachari new CFO of Reliance Industries, Alok Agarwal appointed advisor to Mukesh Ambani
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Srikanth Venkatachari has been appointed as the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) (RIL).
He will take charge of the new responsibility from June 1.
This information was given by the company in a stock exchange filing on Friday.
The decision was taken by RIL's board of directors in a meeting held on Friday.
Venkatachari, who is currently the Joint CFO of the company since 2011, will succeed Alok Agarwal.
Agarwal has been appointed as senior advisor to the Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani, and will be assisting him on a wide range of strategic issues with effect from June 1, after 30 years of distinguished service, RIL informed in the exchange filing.
"Agarwal is an accomplished finance professional. He was appointed as the CFO of the company in 2005. The board appreciated Alok Agarwal for his contribution in the transformative journey of the company," the stock filing said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or