This auto stock gained almost 5 percent after the company announced price hikes and reported sales growth of 16 percent to 872 units in September 2023.
At 12.04, 3rd October shares of SML Isuzu (NS: SMLI ) Ltd were trading at Rs. 1234.70 per share which is up by 4.64 percent from previous closing price of 1,180 per share.
Such bullish stock price movements are observed after the company reported sales growth of 16 percent to 872 units in September 2023-24 from 752 units in September 2022-23. Sales for cargo vehicles increased by 7 percent to 341 units in September 2023-24 from 318 units in September 2022-23, whereas sales for passenger vehicles increased by 22 percent from 531 units in 2023-24 to 434 units in September 2022-23.
According to the filings company also declared price hikes for all buses and trucks in the range of Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 30,000(inclusive of GST@ 28 percent) and for the school buses the price increase will be in range of Rs. 1.95 lakhs -2.45 lakhs(inclusive of GST@ 28 percent) due to implementation of compliance with new norms “FAPS”.
Looking at the financial statements, revenue increased by 26.27 percent to Rs. 631.61 crore in Q1FY24 from Rs. 500.19 crore in Q1FY23 in the same time period company’s net profit increased by 1258.55 percent to Rs. 31.79 crore from 2.34 crore.
Talking about the financial ratios, the company reported return on equity(ROE) of 11.69 percent and return on capital employed(ROCE) of 9.53 percent in the last financial year.
SML Isuzu Ltd is a commercial vehicle manufacturer, it produces and sells buses, ambulances and customised vehicles. Company exports the products to several countries like Nepal, Zambia, Bangladesh, Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, Seychelles, Syria, Jordan.
Written by: Vinit israni
The post Small-cap stock jumps more than 5% after company reports 16% growth in sales; Hikes prices of their vehicles appeared first on Trade Brains.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.