By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of mining company Tega Industries (BO: TEGA ) hit a new all-time high and a 10% upper circuit at Rs 899.85 per piece on Wednesday, significantly defying the domestic market mood as benchmarks Nifty50 and Sensex decline up to 0.7%.
The mining equipment stock has been rising for three consecutive sessions and is up 12.5% during the period.
So far in the calendar year 2023, Tega Industries has given impressive returns of 53.4% to its shareholders. Its shares have rallied 99.3% in the past one year.
The small-cap stock hit the roof on Wednesday as investors reacted to its robust earnings for the quarter ended March 31, 2023.
Tega Industries reported a 58.15% rise in consolidated profit after tax (PAT) at Rs 77.3 crore on a YoY basis in the March quarter, while its revenue from operations surged 36.67% YoY to Rs 396.4 crore during the period.
The company’s EBITDA during the quarter witnessed a healthy 49.21% YoY growth to Rs 102.8 crore, while the operating EBITDA margin expanded to 25.9% from 23.8% in the same quarter last year.
The Kolkata-based mining and mineral processing company’s overall margin during the March-ended quarter slipped marginally to 55.6% from 56.6% in the year-ago period.
Tega said that increasing its penetration and market share in North and South America, Australia and South Africa, along with improving the market penetration by cross-selling remained among the company’s key growth drivers going forward.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.