Significant Near-Term Positives for Equity Markets? Key Nifty Levels in View
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The domestic headline indices made a lower opening on Friday, with benchmarks Nifty50 slipping 0.16% at 17,830.15 points and Sensex losing 110 points or 0.2%. Most sectors traded in the red, led by consumer durables, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, while metal and PSU banking stocks provided support to the market. Index Nifty Bank dipped 0.19%.
In a note provided to Investing.com, Dr VK Vijayakumar, Chief Investment Strategist, Geojit Financial Services pointed out significant near-term positives for equity markets.
He said globally, the decline in US inflation to 6.5%, along with a consequent fall in US 10-year bond yields by 10% to 3.46% are supportive of equity markets. Further, the US dollar index dipping below 103 is positive for emerging market equity.
As a result, going ahead, the sustained selling by FIIs in India for the 15th trading session is likely to abate, as FII selling of Rs 1,662 crores was eclipsed by DII buying of Rs 2127 crores, said Vijayakumar.
He noted that DIIs now have fundamental support coming from reduced CPI inflation and rising IIP numbers .
“RBI can now afford to soften rate hikes. The emerging interest rate scenario is favourable for banks and NBFCs. The impressive Q3 results from IT majors will keep the IT segment resilient,” the expert said.
On the Nifty outlook, Anand James of Geojit Financial Services said that despite Thursday’s brief slippage below the turnaround level of 17800 raising some panic, the pullback thereof encourages him to stay with the 18100 view, with plans of expanding to 18560, once above 18300.
“However, avertical rise is less expected today and we would be cautious about rejection trades reappearing in the 17960-18020 vicinity,” he added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Biggest negative is fii sellin. All positives will be sold into.Like 2
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or