By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Specialty chemicals company Anupam Rasayan India Ltd (BO: ANUY ) opens its IPO for a subscription today. The company has fixed a price band of Rs 553-Rs 555 for its Rs 760 crore share issue. The IPO is very aggressively priced at a P/E of 80 times FY20 earnings and 69 times FY21 annualized earnings.
Brokerage firm Reliance (NS: RELI ) Securities has said that the stock looks expensive compared to peers like SRF Ltd (NS: SRFL ) and PI Industries Ltd (NS: PIIL ) Industries. It added that it is not comfortable with the low operating cash flow yields.
Anand Rathi is positive on the company’s long-term prospects and has recommended a ‘subscribe’ rating for the same. Ventura Securities and Samco Securities have also recommended a ‘subscribe’ on the IPO.
However, one point to consider is the fact that volatility in Indian markets has impacted the perception of the IPO in the grey market. A week back, the GMP (grey market premium) for Anupam was Rs 320 a share, up almost 58% than its issue price of Rs 555. On Thursday, the premium had fallen to Rs 230, a premium of just over 41%. This means a share that was trading at Rs 875 is now available at Rs 785.
Anupam Rasayan operates in the agrochemical space where it produces intermediates and ingredients for insecticides, fungicides and herbicides. It also manufactures anti-bacterial and ultraviolet protection ingredients for FMCG and pharma companies.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.