By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Nifty 50 Futures listed on the Singapore-based Exchange SGX, an early indicator for Nifty50 , traded 0.41% or 77.5 points lower at 8:56 am on Tuesday, indicating a lower opening on Dalal Street.
Major indices on Wall Street fell on Monday, following better-than-expected services data that raised concerns about whether the US Fed would raise interest rates for longer. Further, the EV maker giant Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) slumped 6.4% on reports of cutting Dec output at its Shanghai plant by over 20% from last month, weighing heavily on the tech-heavy index Nasdaq .
Stocks across Asian markets traded mostly lower on Tuesday, following an overnight sell-off on Wall Street on fears that the Fed could continue raising interest rates on an unexpectedly better performance of the US services industry activity.
Oil prices climbed on Tuesday amid bargain buying and as markets bet on a recovery in Chinese demand, while prospects of the Fed raising interest rates capped the gains, keeping investors on edge.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.