By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Nifty 50 Futures listed on the Singapore-based Exchange SGX, an early indicator for Nifty50 , was trading 0.15% or 24.25 points higher at 8:49 am on Thursday, tracking mixed global cues and indicating a muted-to-positive opening on Dalal Street.
Major indices on Wall Street ended Thursday on a muted note towards the lower side, after paring early losses amid grim quarterly earnings results from the two banking giants JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM ) and Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ), which reported declining profits and warned of an economic slowdown, as investors were already left shook after a higher-than-estimated June CPI inflation print.
However, the sell-offs eased with advancing microchip stocks and after Fed Gov Christopher Waller said that he supported a 75 bps rate hike in July, instead of a 100 bps one.
Stocks across Asian markets traded mixed on Friday ahead of China’s GDP and retail sales and tracking disappointing results from the two US banking giants. However, dovish remarks from two Fed policymakers eased investor sentiments.
At 8:42 am, South Korea’s KOSPI traded flat, Japan’s Nikkei 225 climbed 0.6%, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index tumbled 0.94%, China’s Shanghai Composite slipped 0.14%, and Australia's ASX 200 declined 0.84%.
Oil rose on Friday amid uncertainty around the Fed’s aggressive rate hike to tame the scorching inflation. Brent crude climbed 1.02% to $100.11/barrel while WTI Futures traded at $96.4/barrel. Natural gas futures climbed 0.2%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
I started my investment with $5000 and made $7000 profit in a week of trading and I make more currently. I make $10000 every week With the help of Henry Anderson fxtrade on IGLike 4