By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Nifty 50 Futures listed on the Singapore-based Exchange SGX, an early indicator for Nifty50 , traded 0.22% or 40 points lower at 8:41 am on Monday, indicating a lower opening on Dalal Street.
India is set to release its WPI inflation data for April 2023 in the afternoon today.
Major US indices ended lower on Friday after mega-cap stocks declined, following the US consumer sentiment falling to a six-month low. For the week, the indices dropped up to 0.4%, as investor concerns grew that the Fed’s aggressive hike could tip the economy into recession.
Asian shares began the new week on a cautious note ahead of China’s policy rate decision economic data lined up in the week, along with a spate of US Fed officials set to speak, including Chair Jerome Powell .
Oil prices declined on Monday after falling for four consecutive weeks on concerns over slowing economic growth. Further, strength in the US dollar also kept prices under pressure, as markets dialled back bets that the Fed will trim interest rates this year, noted an Investing.com report.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
bro it's an bull market nothing will happenLike 0