SentinelOne (NYSE: S ) stock traded as much as 37% lower in pre-open Friday after the cybersecurity company slashed its full-year guidance.
SentinelOne reported an adjusted loss per share of $0.15 on revenue of $133.4 million. Analysts were looking for a loss per share of $0.17 on revenue of $136.6M. The company also reported an annual recurring revenue of $563.6M, easily below the estimate of $596M.
“Macroeconomic pressures continue to impact deal sizes, sales cycles, and pipeline conversion rates,” management wrote in a letter to shareholders.
For this quarter, SentinelOne sees revenue of $141M, missing the $151.9M analyst target. For a full 2024 year, revenue is seen in the range of $590-600M, lower than the previous $631-640M forecast.
Wall Street was expecting a full-year sales forecast of $638.5M.
Several analysts cut their recommendation on SentinelOne shares after the results. BTIG analysts downgraded the stock to Neutral as Q1 results are “too hard to defend.”
“At just over 5.0x ’24E EV/sales on our newly revised estimates, valuation is very reasonable for what should be a 30% growth story. But we need to see a couple of quarters of stable execution to gain more confidence in trend lines. And, unfortunately, we feel a Neutral rating is more appropriate at this point in time,” they said in a note.
Canaccord Genuity analysts also downgraded S shares.
“Given the slower growth rate and large ongoing operating losses combined with the accounting change, we are moving to the sidelines and downgrade to HOLD,” they said in a note to clients.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.