By Puneet Sikka,
1) Comments from US Federal Reserve that it will start to taper assets at a quicker pace,
2) Uncertainty around RBI's monetary policy decision next week although RBI is most likely to maintain an accommodative stance,
3) Cautious environment after India reported a few Omicron cases.
In other news, Star Health announced that it will cut the sale offer portion of its IPO after it received a tepid response during its subscription period. In general, the IPO market in India is booming with the exception of Paytm.
Vodafone Idea (NS: VODA ) also surged to hit its fresh 52-week high of Rs 14.14 today. In the past two weeks, Vodafone (LON: VOD ) has zoomed by 44% after the company announced a 20-25% increase in its prepaid tariff.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.