Sensex Latest Revision: Tata Motors is the Newest Entrant, Dr Reddy Exits
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Starting Monday, Dec 19, 2022, the pharmaceutical giant Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (NS: REDY ) will no longer be a part of the benchmark equity index Sensex , as it has been replaced by the behemoth Tata Group company Tata Motors (NS: TAMO ).
In the semi-annual rebalance of the 30-scrip headline index scheduled on Dec 16, 2022, Tata Motors has toppled Dr Reddy’s Labs, based upon a weighted methodology of float-adjusted market capitalization. Experts believe that the rejig has been made on the basis of stock performance.
The semi-annual reshuffle is done twice a year in June and December.
As per an Investing.com report dated Dec 15, 2022, Nuvama Alternative and Quantitative Research estimated an inflow of $124 million in Sensex with the entry of Tata Motors having a weightage of 1.1% and an outflow of $90 million by the exit of Dr Reddy's Labs.
IIFL Alternative Research has pegged an inflow of nearly $150 million and an outflow of about $130 million in the headline index by the periodic rejig.
With the exit of Dr Reddy’s Labs, only one pharmaceutical stock now remains in Sensex, the mega-cap stock Sun Pharmaceuticals (NS: SUN ).
Further, Adani Power (NS: ADAN ) and Indian Hotels (NS: IHTL ) Company will replace Adani Total Gas (NS: ADAG ) and Hindustan Petroleum (NS: HPCL ) in the BSE 100 index as well as the Sensex Next 50 index, BSE had announced.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or