By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Raamdeo Agrawal, Chairman of Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd (NS: MOFS ), said that he sees the BSE Sensex 30 growing to 200,000 in 10 years. He says a healthy growth in corporate profits at 15% CAGR (compounded annual growth rate) aided by favourable demographics will help quadruple the Sensex from current levels.
He cautioned investors to not bet against India at a virtual event organized by the firm. He said, ““I have seen Sensex move from 100 to 52,000 now in the last 40 years...it doesn’t go in a straight line...there can be speed and slowdowns...India is an amazing opportunity.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a blip in the grand scheme of things and it has been painful but right now it is a known beast compared to last year when the first wave had hit the world. Fiscal policies to help revive the economy are bearing fruit and vaccination drives are marking the beginning of the end of the pandemic.
“Fiscal response of the government is clearly visible ... RBI is ensuring sufficient liquidity,” said Agrawal. “We expect a Kshaped recovery in some sectors and larger businesses will recover faster,” he added.
He added that India’s strong democratic structure plus the young population in the country will continue to drive growth to boost the Sensex to 200,000.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
What is meant to kshaped recoveryLike 0
Real estate and stock market bubbles should burst.. then we can expect real growthLike 0
But are companies going to worth that much in 5 years. No.Like 0
its easy to say bse will touch 1 lac in 10 years. RBI already said that markets are totally overvalued and this bubble can burst anytime soonLike 2
He talking very positive if you ask his company Motilal oswal they will tell negatively that Nature all mask wears.......Thousands of people are lay off by his company ....Like 1
auto data is very bad but look at autonifty it is very strong. becaue of only put-call, put-call. pure gambleing in market.Like 0
yes this possible only in 2 years. for that every indian have to reg. him self in bse,nse and play put-call, put-call.Like 0