New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) Markets regulator SEBI has extended the timeline for verification of market rumours by listed entities.The proviso to Regulation 30 (11) of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 (LODR Regulations) inter-alia requires top 100 listed entities by market capitalisation with effect from October 1, 2023 and top 250 listed entities by market capitalisation with effect from April 1, 2024 to mandatorily verify and confirm, deny or clarify market rumours.
It has been decided to extend the effective date of implementation of the proviso to regulation 30(11) of the LODR Regulations for top 100 listed entities by market capitalization, to February 1, 2024 and for top 250 listed entities by market capitalization, to August 1, 2024.
This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 101 of the LODR Regulations, SEBI said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.