SAMHI Hotels, a hotel ownership and asset management platform in India, is set to open its initial public offering (IPO) for subscription on Thursday. The company announced the IPO will remain open until Monday, with the shares expected to get listed on both exchanges.
The company's IPO comprises a fresh issuance of equity shares worth Rs 1,200 crore and an offer for sale (OFS) of up to 1.35 crore equity shares. In the OFS, Blue Chandra Pte plans to offload 84.2 lakh shares, Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS ) intends to sell up to 49.31 lakh (4.9 million) equity shares and GTI Capital Alpha will give up 1.4 lakh shares.
The Gurgaon-based firm has set a price band of Rs 119-126 ($1 = INR82.960) per share for the IPO. Investors can bid for a minimum of 119 shares in one lot and in multiples thereafter. About 75% of the offer is reserved for qualified institutional buyers, while non-institutional investors and retail investors have been set aside 15% and 10%, respectively.
Net proceeds from the issue worth Rs 900 crore will be used towards repaying debt and the remaining for general corporate purposes. Market analysts have noted that the current Grey Market Premium (GMP) of SAMHI Hotels is Rs 10 in the unlisted market.
As of February 2023, SAMHI Hotels was recognized as the third-largest inventory of operational keys (owned and leased) in India. The company has a portfolio of marquee names such as Hyatt Regency-Pune, and Courtyard by Marriott-Bengaluru among others.
For the year ending March 2023, the company recorded revenue from operations of Rs 738 crore () and a loss of Rs 338.5 crore. Despite this, the IPO has garnered attention due to the strong demand growth expected in the Indian travel and tourism industry, which is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.35% between 2019 and 2028. This growth directly benefits the Indian hospitality industry and companies such as SAMHI Hotels.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.