MOSCOW, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Russia's state oil giant Rosneft ROSN.MM has agreed a deal in principle for Indian companies to join the Vostok Oil project in the Russian Arctic, it said on Wednesday.
In order to negotiate the terms of Indian companies' entering Vostok Oil in the shortest time possible the parties agreed to create a regular working group of representatives of Russian and Indian companies, the statement said.
Rosneft added that it had signed a contract with Indian Oil Corporation Limited IOC.NS to supply up to 2 million tonnes of oil to India via the port of Novorossiisk by the end of 2020.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.