Russia's agricultural exports increase 12% in 2022
Moscow, Feb 3 (IANS) Russia's agricultural exports in 2022 increased by 12 per cent year on year, a government statement said.
"Despite all the difficulties that Russian companies faced last year, exports at current prices showed an increase of about 12 per cent," Xinhua news agency quoted the statement issued by the Ministry of Agriculture.
According to the Ministry, more than 70 million tonnes of Russian agricultural products and food were exported to overseas markets in 2022.
During an expanded meeting with regional representatives, Russian Deputy Minister of Agriculture Sergei Levin said that in the past year, a lot of work had been done to reorient exports flows, build new supply chains, and facilitate state support.
Levin also noted that Russia will continue to work on opening new markets for agricultural exports this year, and it would be possible to maintain the export potential for the Russian agro-industrial complex and meet all the targets set for 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or