By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The edible oil manufacturer Ruchi Soya (NS: RCSY ) has released its earnings numbers for the March-ending quarter on Friday, posting a contracting net profit in the period.
The Patanjali Ayurved-held firm’s standalone PAT declined 25.4% YoY to Rs 234.43 crore in the March quarter, while its revenue from operations surged 37.7% YoY to Rs 6,663.7 crore in the period.
Despite a YoY fall in net profit in the final quarter of FY22, Ruchi Soya’s net profit climbed 18.5% YoY to Rs 680.77 crore in the financial year 2021-22, led by a whopping jump in revenue from operations and other income sources in the year. Its total income surged 48.5% YoY to Rs 242.8 crore.
Further, the company’s board of directors recommended a maiden dividend of Rs 5/share on the face value of Rs 2 each for FY22, announcing a 250% dividend in the year, the highest amount among all of its competitors, it claimed.
Recently, the edible oil manufacturer informed that its board decided to change the name from Ruchi Soya to ‘Patanjali Foods Ltd’, subject to regulatory and statutory approvals.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.