Rivian Automotive Inc (NASDAQ: RIVN ) revealed Friday that the electric automaker has named former Porsche CEO, Dr. Kjell Gruner as its newest Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and President of Business Growth effective immediately. Gruner will report directly to Rivian Founder and CEO RJ Scaringe, and will oversee commercial functions at the company, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, Delivery, Service, and Fleet.
“We are very happy to welcome Kjell to the Rivian team as Chief Commercial Officer and President, Business Growth.” Said Scaringe. “We will rely on Kjell’s talent and experience as we position ourselves for growth domestically and internationally, the launch of a new platform in R2 at a new facility, and the continued success of our commercial vehicle line.”
Dr. Kjell Gruner boasts a remarkable 25-year career in the automotive industry, with notable stints at Porsche and Daimler/Mercedes-Benz. Before joining PCNA, Gruner held the prestigious position of Global Vice President Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer at Porsche, where he played a pivotal role in shaping the global Porsche brand, marketing strategies, and product development.
“I am excited to join Rivian at this important time in its success story.” Said Gruner. “As we build a strong brand, I look forward to chart paths into new markets, build new partnerships and customer experiences, and engage with our community while constantly embracing a clear and consistent strategy for the future.”
Shares of RIVN are up 2.26% in afternoon trading on Friday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.