By Yasin Ebrahim
Investing.com -- Rivian reported Monday third-quarter deliveries that were in line with its expectations and said it was on track to meet its annual production guidance.
Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ: RIVN ) was up more than 9% afterhours trading following the report.
The company produced 7,363 vehicles in the third quarter of the year, and handed over about 6,584 vehicles to customers.
Looking ahead, the company maintained its annual production outlook of 25,000.
The update from Rivian comes ahead of what some on Wall Street see as a "major inflection year" for the electric pickup vehicle market, with traditional automakers such as General Motors (NYSE: GM ) and Ford (NYSE: F ) and stalwarts such as Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) set to ramp-up competition in the EV pickup market in 2023.
"Ford's F-150 Lightning, GM's Silverado, and Tesla's Cybertruck are on the near-term map battling for consumers," Wedbush said in a September note.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
I personally recommend milena ayrton on; Forex Tradingt⭐ Crypto Tradingt⭐ Stocks Tradingt⭐ Commodities Tradingt⭐ Index Tradingt⭐ Bonuses & Rewardst ⭐ Regulation & Safety⭐ It left now for you to start your trading in a legit and trustworthy platform Chat MILENA AYRTON FXTRADE on Instagram now.Like 2